Friday 15 November 2013

Being Inspired...

I just LOVE Lili of the Valley stamps and I probably own a lot more than I have actually used, if I am honest!

This is probably one of my favourite stamps by Lili of the Valley, called 'James in the Snow'.

I was inspired to make this card after I had seen a very similar one whilst browsing online. I don't like overly flouncy cards and there seems to be a trend of adding loads of flowers and flourishes to cards, something I think gets a bit excessive. For me, less is definitely more!

You do have to consider packaging the card, too, and the more you build up on the front, then you have to look at boxing the card up. 


I thought this card was quite simplistic, with just the right amount of fancy for me. I am looking forward to making some variations on this, and playing around with the hat/scarf colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment